There are a few different ways that you can mount a tv on drywall. The most common way is to use screws and anchors. This method is pretty straightforward – you’ll just need to find a stud in your wall and screw the TV mount into that. If you can’t find a stud, or if your TV is too heavy for that, you can always use drywall anchors. Just be careful not to over-tighten the screws, or you might crack the drywall.
This blog post will provide step-by-step instructions on how to mount a TV on drywall. It begins by outlining the tools and materials needed. Then we will provide detailed instructions on how to use the stud finder to locate the studs in the wall, how to drill into the drywall, and how to secure the TV mount using the anchors.
What hardware do I need to mount a tv on drywall?
To mount a TV on drywall, you will need a wall mount, screws, a drill, drywall anchors, and a level.
Below are the details instructions:
- Wear safety goggles and use a drill bit that is the same size as the anchors.
- Find the studs in your wall using a stud finder
- Mark the positions of the studs with a pencil
- Drill pilot holes into the studs at the marked positions
- Affix the mounting bracket to the wall using the pilot holes and screws
- Hang the TV on the bracket and secure it in place
See this video, it might be helpful.